The Why Not Cooking Class that we offer is completely hands on and conducted in English, guest are provided their own cooking station and utensils to prepare and cook all of dishes by themselves. The class is limited to a maximum of 8 participants per class to ensure everyone receives individual attention.
In a warm and friendly atmosphere, participants cook their meals following step by step instructions from the Why Not Chef. Participants will be provided with a recipe book and be shown the cooking methods of local food. At the end of class, participants can enjoy the food they have cooked.
Cooking classes are offered every day in the morning and afternoon.
Choice between 2 sessions each day: 10am to 1pm or 2pm till 5pm.
Adult rate: 20$
For families or group of 6 – 8 people we will apply the 10% of discount
Inclusion: cook and enjoy 3 dishes, complimentary dessert, water, iced tea, folder with recipes.
Menu can be adapted for vegetarians or people with food allergies. Please let us know of any special requests at the time of booking.
For last minute and larger bookings please call us at +84 942489577
We highly recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
WHY NOT? COOKING CLASS PROGRAM
1. Explore the Local Market
Morning class Starting around 10.00 am, our guides will take you to the local market to experience how Hue people choose and buy their food.
2. Starting Why Not? Cooking Class with Why Not? team
After visiting the local market, we will return to the Why Not? Hostel where our warm and friendly staff will guide you in cooking delicious Hue food.
3. Why Not? Cooking includes:
- Welcome drink at the arrival
- Visit to local market to get ingredients for lunch or dinner
- One cooking lesson
- All meals and complimentary drink are included
4. What You Will Learn
In Cooking Class you will learn how to make many delicious menus from authentic Hue recipes and ingredients. We will cook some Hue specialties (Regular Menu) that are absolutely delicious and fun to make.
Choose from our 4 special menus.
- GỎI NGŨ SẮC (Multiple local fresh vegetables and tofu)
- NEM RÁN CHAY (Fried vegetarian spring rolls)
- ĐẬU PHỤ CHIÊN SỐT CÀ (Deep fried tofu with tomato and soya sauce)
- NEM RÁN HUẾ (Hue fried spring rolls)
- BÁNH ƯỚT CUỐN THỊT NƯỚNG (Grilled pork wrapped in steamed thin rice pancake)
- BÚN BÒ HUẾ (Hue spicy noodle soup with beef)
- BÁNH LỌC HUE (Hue tapioca shrimp and pork dumplings in banana leaves)
- BÚN THỊT NƯỚNG (Grilled pork with rice noodles and vegetables)
- BÒ NƯỚNG LÁ LỐT (Grilled beef wrapped in betel leaf)
- GỎI CUỐN (Hue fresh spring rolls )
- BÁNH KHOÁI (Hue cripy rice pancake with pork and shrimp)
- CƠM SƯỜN NƯỚNG (Pork chop over rice)
All of the food will be cooked by yourself and then you can enjoy what you have cooked